Can you believe December’s here already? It’s been an awesome 2013 and as we start the countdown for the end of it, we’re just getting started with the great deals and awesome holiday products. Here are some things you can look forward to this December from your friends at your favorite penny auction, HappyBidDay!
Bid Pack Specials
The temps are dropping and so are our prices! Our Holiday Blast bid discount offers you GREAT savings. Not 50%…not 60%…but 75% OFF bid packages! Buy a small pack, or go big! Either way, you’ll enjoy incredible savings. Just don’t forget to buy them soon – we’re not sure how long these low, low prices will stick around. Click here to buy bids now! (Use bonus code 75HOLIDAY at checkout!)
Amazing Brand Name Products
HBD asked for your input and totally delivered! This year we’ve got an AWESOME lineup of brand name products for your bidding pleasure. iPods, iPads (yep, even the iPad Air!), Armani fragrances, Cuisinart, Black & Decker, Huffy and much, much more! Have a brand you’re interested in that you haven’t seen yet in our auctions? Leave us a comment! We LOVE hearing from our Happy Bidders!
Discount bids are always great for stocking up to get in the game, but we’ve got lots of Happy Auctions too! What’s so happy about Happy Auctions, you ask? Everything! But mostly…they’re 100% free to bid on! YUP – FREE! And this December we’ve got some pretty sweet items going up for auction. We’re talking everything from mini air hockey tables to webcams.
Hello Happy Bidders! We are back with another update to show you some amazing deals. Here are some of our favorite wins this past week!
New user Dakot101 got this Asus MeMo Pad 16GB Tablet in a starter auction for only $3.38. Great Win!
A PlayStation 4 +150 Bids for only $42.51! What an amazing win for Alldaywin3.
Check out this great win. User best5000 got this TomTom START 45M GPS +50 Bids for only $3.69!
Here is another great Starter Auction win. User myemye111 got this Kindle Paperwhite +50 Bids for only $5.13. Score!
User wmbillwill can start making some sweet treats with this Cuisinart Indulgence Ice Cream Maker. They grabbed this one for only $6.89!
See you next time! Happy Bidding!
Good morning, Happy Bidders! We hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day with friends and family! It’s bright and early here at HappyBidDay HQ the day after which means only one thing: BLACK FRIDAY IS HERE!
Did you make a mad dash for your favorite retailers this year? Or did you skip it for online shopping?
No matter what kind of holiday shopper you are, remember to shop right here with your favorite Penny Auction, HappyBidDay! (And as far as we’re concerned, online shopping at HBD beats the mall any day!) We’ve got some of the season’s hottest gifts around – gaming systems, precious metals, home goods, tons of gift cards, and lots of bid packs. Why fight for a parking spot, place in line, and traffic when you can stay cozy and comfy bidding on the year’s coolest gifts right here at HappyBidDay.com?
And best news of all, there is still plenty of time to get all the items on your list. Speaking of lists, we’re making a list of our own. We want to hear about your favorites!
So tell us, Happy Bidders: what are you most looking forward to bidding on this holiday shopping season? Are you more excited for the new techy gifts that will be all the rage or something throwback like a fun Atari Flashback console? Digging the new digital cameras we put up or are you more into the flexibility of the You-Choose Gift Cards? Let us know in the comments or on our Facebook page! Happy Holiday season to you and as always, Happy Bidding!
3 Bidding Tips for Beginners
You signed up. You bought your first bid pack. You’re loving all the awesome new products in the auctions…but you have no idea where to begin.
No worries, new bidder! This post is for you. Here are our top 3 bidding tips for brand new Happy Bidders:
1. Look before you leap. The more you know, the better off you’ll be in the auctions. We know you’re excited to get started bidding, but before you place your first bid, take some time to watch the auctions until they close. This little bit of research will give you a great idea of how the auctions work. And as an added bonus, you’ll get to watch the bidding style of some competitors!
2. Start slow. Is the iPad auction really calling your name? Of course it is, it’s calling everyone’s! But, that means the competition for that item is going to be stiff. You’ll want to bring your sharpest auction skills to this kind of auction, meaning until you’ve scored a couple wins, it’s better to go for smaller-ticket items and bid packs where there tends to be less competition around. Don’t worry – you’ll learn the lay of the land quickly!
3. Go for the Starter Auctions. Anywhere you see the green-S icon, it means it’s a Starter Auction. Start Auctions work the same way as regular auctions, but they’re exclusively for bidders with fewer than 5 wins, which (going back to tip #2) means there’s less competition!
Hope this tips help get you started in the right direction, Happy Bidder? If you have any questions, ask away!
The future has arrived and wearable technology has broken through to the marketplace. Enter: Samsung Galaxy Gear.
The Galaxy Gear is a watch with ‘intelligent’ tech built right in. It features an assortment of tech-driven conveniences we’ve come to expect from our cellular devices like a 1.9MP camera and app-based interface. Using Bluetooth, it connects to other Samsung devices, namely the Galaxy S4, S3, and Note 2, as well as Galaxy S4 Mini, S4 Active, Mega 5.8, Mega 6.3, and Galaxy S4 Zoom.
Right now the brand-new status means that Galaxy Gear is still in its early days app-wise, offering only a handful of apps to start. Of course, as the Gear becomes more mainstream, we expect to see more apps become available; even in the few weeks since its September 25th release there have been additions, which is definitely a good sign!
Here’s a lineup of the Galaxy Gear specs:
Galaxy Gear Size and Shape
- Screen size: 1.63 inches
- Screen resolution: 320 x 320
- Screen type: OLED (Active, Color, Backlit)
- height: 1.5 inches
- width: 2.25 inches
- depth: 0.5 inches
- weight: 2.6 ounces
Galaxy Gear Interface and Battery
- Touchscreen: Yes
- Rechargeable battery: Yes
- Battery Type: Li-ion (315 mAh capacity)
- Storage Type: Internal storage (4 GB)
- Camera:1.9 MP
Have you had a chance to experience the Galaxy Gear yet? Feel free to share your thoughts with us in the comments!
Welcome to another Weekly Bidding Tip from HBD!
This week’s tip is all about convenience. Of course we would all love to sit at our computers bidding on our favorite auctions all day, but we get it: you have a life and you can’t really do that all the time. But sometimes there are products you just don’t want to miss.
For this dilemma, we present… BidRunner!
HappyBidDay’s BidRunner tool helps you never miss an auction again.
The BidRunner bids for you when you aren’t at your computer, or even when you want to bid on more than one item at a time without losing your focus. You simply tell it how many bids you want it to bid for you, and the maximum price you want it to bid up to.
Setting up BidRunner
Getting started is simple!
- After you set up BidRunner, you can see it and any others you set by clicking My Account, and then My BidRunner tab. From here, you’ll see your new BidRunner set up.Find a product you’d like to bid on
- Find your BidRunner on the auction page (located at the bottom right side of the page)
- Enter your starting bid amount (example: $0.50)
- Enter your highest bid amount (example: $5.00)
- Enter the maximum amount of bids you want to place (example: 25 bids)
- Click on “ADD” – and you’re done!
BidRunner Things to Know
• BidRunner can be stopped any time BEFORE it starts bidding for you, but once it starts, it cannot be stopped
• Learn more about BidRunner by clicking here
Hello Happy Bidders! As you know we we like to highlight some of the best pick ups now and then. Here are some of our favorite wins this week! Some amazing deals!
Where can you get an HP Chromebook 11 +150 Bids for only $8.32? HappyBidDay.com!
Another great deal this week. A 7-inch Android Tablet +50 Bids for only $7.91!
Even new users can get deals at HappyBidDay. Like this Kodak Digital Camera Starter Auction. New user supersabu got it for only $1.07! WOW!
User jmcdon7741 will get his game on with Call of Duty: Ghost +30 bids for only $2.85. Great win!
What a score this was. Check out this Electric Air Compressor +30 Bids for only $1.53!
See you next time! Happy Bidding!
We’ve been talking about since March, and are super excited the day has finally arrived: PlayStation 4 is officially released! In our original post, we covered the news Sony released earlier this spring.
Earlier Product Specs, From Sony’s PS4 Announcement:
- Super Fast, Super Efficient: Featuring 8GB of impressively fast DDR5 RAM, the new PS4 will be a speed machine.
- Super Advanced Graphics: PlayStation is breaking up with its long time graphic chip company, and porting over to brawny, efficient, and powerful AMD Radeon based graphics engine.
- PlayStation 4 Eye: PlayStation has finally joined the gesture-based technology circle, and with 2 different cameras, PS4 eye looks like it’ll be pretty sweet.
- DualShock 4 Controller: “Start” and “Select” are no more! Can you believe it? They’ve been replaced by an “Options” button, and a “Share” integration that adds a new social element to gameplay.
Here are some of the new additions PS4:
Sharing games you purchase from PlayStation Store
When you download games, they can be shared by any user who shares the system with you (your family and/or roommates). And login isn’t required!
Sharing benefits from PlayStation Plus
Joining Playstation Plus allows you and your friends access to all your favorite downloaded games. This is especially a perk for those who play multiplayer games. And the fact that you don’t have to log in every time makes it that much more convenient.
Lots of games are available for PS4 and lots more are coming. The Order 1886, Call of Duty Ghosts, Killzone Shadow Fall, Battlefield 4, Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag, just to name a few.
iPad 5th Generation: iPad Air Released
A few weeks back Apple announced their 5th generation iPad, the iPad Air. The iPad Air was released for sale at Apple stores and other retailers around the country on November 1 with a starting price of $499.
Colors & Resolution
The beautiful iPad Air comes in two color options: silver and white or space grey and black. It operates the latest and greatest iOS 7.Storage options range from 16 to 126 GB (126!!) and the stunning Retina display offers incredible resolution on the 2048 x 1536 screen, clocking a 264 ppi.
Best of the Best Design
It’s the thinnest and lightest iPad to date, coming in at just 1 pound and measuring an incredible 7.5 millimeters.
The A7 chip was designed with 64-bit architecture, providing twice as much speed and capacity for CPU and graphics performance, and boasts a 10-hour battery life.
With 2 antennas and LTE support the iPad Air outshines predecessors, offering twice as fast Wi-Fi compared to previous models.
iPad Air Specs
- Dimensions: 169.5 x 240 x 7.5 mm, 1lb
- Screen: 9.7 in Retina display (2048 x 1536, 264 ppi)
- Camera Options: 5 MP rear camera, FaceTime HD front camera
- Processor: A7 64-bit A-7 chip
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, dual channel (2.4GHz and 5GHz), MIMO, Bluetooth 4.0, cellular data (optional)
- Battery: 10 hours
Don’t you just love the smell of fall? We sure do! Especially when we know that fall means that the holidays are coming at us fast! As shopping season ramps up to full speed, this week’s bidding tips discuss why it’s always a great idea to stay connect with your friends here at HBD before the rush of the holidays.
3 Ways to Keep HappyBidDay in Your Shopping Plans This Season
1. Check Your Email! Did you know HBD sends out weekly emails with the week’s hottest products and upcoming auctions? If you’ve sent us to your junk mail, get us out of there… you never know when we’re going to send you a special delivery via email!
2. Join The Fun! It’s no secret that HappyBidDay loves giving stuff away and throwing special sales promotions. If you’ve seen our promos before but decided to pass — stop waiting! This holiday season, you’re going to want to take advantage of every discount bid package, promotion, and specialized auction deal we have. Load up on bids and get in on the action, just in time for holiday shopping!
3. Get Social! HappyBidDay loves hearing from you guys on social media. Visit our Facebook and Twitter pages and of course, keep in touch right here on the HBD Blog, where you can find lots of bidding tips, product features, and more.